October 23, 2006

October 23, 2006

I can't decide if I should be pleased or very worried about you. You are sooooo sensitive. You and Dada were playing in the play room the other day. You were looking for a specific toy and said to him, "Damnit! I can't find it." Dada, knowing that you didn't know that was a bad word, simply said, "Sweetie, where did you hear that word? That's not a nice word, and we don't want you to say it." You were inconsolable for 15 minutes. This happens everytime you think you have dissappointed us, and you really haven't gotten into any real trouble yet. I explained to you that you weren't in trouble, Mama was the one who did something wrong, I shouldn't have said that word. It didn't matter though, you still cried and cried.

You also seem very concerned about Mom and Dad's moods. You have taken to asking us, "Are you happy, Mama?" It's like you feel it is your responsibility to keep us happy. We love you so much sweetheart. I'm happy you are sensitive to other peoples feelings, but I worry you will be hurt by other kids at school if you are so sensitive.