December 24, 2007

December 24, 2007


It's Christmastime!! You would think a four year old would be excited, but not you! You're too busy being terrified of Santa! Last year I told you that you had better go to sleep otherwise Santa wouldn't come. You asked how he would know if you were sleeping or not. So I told you he would check. You panicked and screamed, "I don't want Santa to look at me!!!!!!!!" We let you sleep in our bed, and you were fine. This year as Christmas approached I could tell you were getting anxious about Santa again. We talked about what to do and decided that we would ask Santa not to go in your room or look at you on our cookie note. You seemed okay with this...until it was time to go to bed tonight. We finished reading stories and you just started shaking and crying hysterically. We reminded you of what we had written on the note, and that Santa was just coming in the house to leave presents, but you wouldn't calm down. I finally had to leave to go pick up Aunt Allison from the airport. You called her and she agreed to sleep in your bed tonight, and Daddy lay with you until you were asleep. I think next year we're just going to have to face our fears and visit one of Santa's helpers in the mall. Above is a picture of you in your new Christmas PJs.