August 6, 2007

August 6, 2007

Sometimes you just make me so proud! Today, you had your 4 year check up. We had to bring in your first mornings urine in a cup, and this had you completely mystified. "Why do they want my pee?" "What are they going to do with my pee?" "Will they put it in the potty?" On the drive in you said, "Remember when we took Shai to the doctor and they took her away and she had to spend the night." I said yes I remember, but you are not sick, and I won't let them take you away. First you were weighed and measured. You are 33 1/2 pounds and 40 inches tall. Then they took your blood pressure and checked your vision. 80/42 and 20/40. Dr. Vanzee said 20/40 is normal for a 4 year old, but with your family history it will be a miracle if you don't end up with glasses. Dr. VanZee checked your eyes, ears, and listened to your heart and lungs. Then he asked you to jump, stand on one foot, walk on your tip toes and your heels. You were so excited to show him that you could do it all. Then he was asking me some questions, and in the meantime you were doing a little improv demonstration of your dance and acrobatic moves. I'm sure he was quite impressed ;-)

Then it was time for shots.......... I had told you that you would be having some, and that they would hurt. I knew you were nervous, because on the way in you said that you had to hold Mini because she was scared. I asked you what Mini was scared of and you told me shots. But you had on such a brave face, and took the shots just like a brave girl and didn't make a peep. Then you got up and said, "That wasn't so bad! But it did hurt." On the way out of the office, you asked me if they had some more of those pee cups. Not sure what you had planned for that. We went out for ice cream to celebrate, and you said I couldn't take the bandaids off because that would "let the hurt out." You told Daddy that he "missed all the fun." I am so proud!