October 10, 2007

October 10th, 2007

Oh, how cute you are! Today you told me that you learned a new prayer at school. I was a bit confused at first because your preschool is not religiously affiliated. You got a very serious look on your face, clasp your hands together, and recited "I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America..." You recited almost the whole thing by memory. It was just the cutest thing. I guess I understand why you thought it was a prayer, afterall, they taught you the traditional version with "One nation under God" in it. You've been fascinated by prayer ever since Becky took you to Vacation Bible School for a day. You have a bunny that says a bedtime prayer, and you say it before bed quite often. That one goes like this, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep. Angels watch me through the night, and keep me in their blessed sight. Amen."