September 23, 2006

September 23, 2006


Well, today you past a milestone of toddlerhood. You had asked me for some scissors so you could "cut orange's hair." Orange, incidentally, is a blue and green rubber ball, but I digress. I figured there was no harm in it, because orange doesn't really have hair, so you'd just be pretending. A little while later you called out to me and asked, "Mama, can I cut my hair?" I said, "Yes..I mean NO!!" And went running in there. It was too late of course, you had already cut a medium sized chunk. I think you were scared because I ran in there so fast, and you started crying. I told you it was okay, and of course it is. You can only see where the hair is missing if your hair is brushed all nicely, and how often is that really? I figure this is something pretty much ever kid does at some point.

Last night there was a thunderstorm, so Daddy and I were laying in bed with you a while. You looked about as happy as you can be having the undivided attention of both your parents. Daddy was on one side and I was on the other all mushed into your double bed. We had to kick out your 50 stuffed animals and 2 dozen books in order to fit. You and Daddy were playing the silly things game where you take turns making up silly things. For example, "Did you ever see a goose walking on your arm?" "Did you ever see a flower growing out of your head?" Etc, etc. There was much giggly and whenever you two would seem to finally settle down Dada would tickle you or you would pinch my nose and we'd all start laughing again. Dada and I kept sneaking huge grin glances at each other, like we both were thinking, "isn't she the most wonderful thing you've ever seen?"

PS - I added this picture for two reason, a)it features "orange", and b) it's a nice picture of you playing with your Daddy.