February 20, 2003

February 20th, 2003


Last night at work one of the Doctor's Mom works with did an ultrasound to see if you were willing to show off your private parts. Dr. Cady said he was "pretty sure" he knew what you were which is about as sure as anyone ever is when it comes to an ultrasound. I promised your Dad that I wouldn't find out so Dr. Cady wrote it on a piece of paper and sealed it in an envelope, so that your Dad and I could open it together. I called your Dad and told him I had the results in my pocket and that he couldn't leave for work until I got home. It was an excrutiating 8 hours, but I never peeked. Kate, the PCA, saw to that. She put that piece of paper inside a piece of paper, inside an envelope, inside an envelope, then taped and stapled it shut. We had a hard time getting to our answer. What fun though. Drum roll please.....Girl!!! Music to my ears!! It didn't matter to me, but your Dad really wanted you to be a girl. I know he would have been fine if you were a boy, but he is so used to girls and thinks they are so cute. He was elated! We think we know your name too. Elise Katelyn though that could change.

It's hard for me to believe you're in there, and that you're a girl. I think what makes it the most fun is that the stuff for girls is so cute! Anyway, here are the pictures we took. We got some really good ones this time. Daddy labeled them, so others would know what they were looking at. ;)