February 5, 2003

February 5th, 2003


Early this morning at work, we were slow, so the resident Jeannie said she would ultrasound me and Andrea (one of the other pregnant nurses) if we wanted. Andrea went first, she is almost 31 weeks. She doesn't want to know if it's a boy or a girl, but Jeannie told me she's about 80% certain it's a boy, which is what I guessed because Andrea has always though it was a boy and mother's are usually right. I think you are a boy, your Dad thinks you are a girl. Aunt Allison thinks you are a girl, but your Grandma Smith thinks you are a boy. I was hoping I might be able to see when Jeannie did the ultrasound, but we couldn't. You looked so small compared to Andrea's baby. Her baby's head filled the whole screen and you're whole body doesn't even fill it. You looked so funny, like you were kicked back in a lazy boy chair with your legs stretched out straight and crossed some of the time. You waved, kicked, and punched at me. I couldn't believe I can't feel that. We couldn't see your head because you were hiding it behind the placenta, but I showed everyone at work the picture anyway. I am so excited to see you moving and growing. You have arms and legs too!